Mental health and wellbeing
When our customers need to see a mental health therapist, we offer them a choice from our specialist network.
If you'd like to join the network, find out more about the benefits to your practice, and recognition criteria below:
What we offer you
Bupa recognition can help you build and promote your practice. The benefits include:
- access to a large share of the health insurance market
- raising your profile through your personal page on Finder, our online directory of Bupa recognised healthcare professionals and healthcare services, which is used by our customers, GPs and the public and receives 110,000 visits a week
- access to our Providers Online website and other online resources to make running your private practice simple and straightforward
Each therapist in a practice needs to be recognised individually. To become Bupa recognised, therapists need to:
You’ll also need to supply photographic proof of identity. The (PDF, 0.1MB) explains which documents you can use as proof of identity.
- If you’ve previously undergone investigations or hearings with any of your professional bodies please attach a copy of any correspondence with them about the investigation in step two.
- If you’ve told us about any declarations, convictions or previous suspensions please attach a copy of investigation case notes and a covering letter explaining the circumstances in step two.
Before you apply
You can apply for Bupa recognition online in three simple steps which should take less than an hour, depending on the complexity of your practice.
Before you apply, take a look at our Questions and Answers page where you can find more information about becoming Bupa recognised.